What the food bank wants you to know
- You can access a hamper every 14 days
- There are no yearly limits to receiving hampers
- You can expect an efficient drive thru hamper pick-up or “curb-side” service
- You can request a hamper online, anytime, here
- If you’re isolated or quarantined, we have a delivery service
- There is a safe and secure QR code so friends and family can pick up your hamper
- We are open more hours in the week and on Saturdays now
- You can pick up a hamper closer to home or work at one of 14 satellite locations throughout the city
- If you need support beyond food, we can offer guidance and make connections to some great organizations
Shaw birdies for kids
presented by altalink
Make your donation go further with Shaw Birdies for kids matching! Donations are matched up to 50%.
Make your donation here
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Fruit or Vegetables
- Canned Beans
- Baby Cereal
- Baby Formula
Friday, April 7
Monday, April 10
Large or small, every donation from a garden makes an incredible impact. It’s fresh from the heart!
Who is coming to the Calgary Food Bank?
People experiencing food insecurity are resilient and resourceful in meeting their basic needs.
Winter 2023 Comfort Food
The winter report discusses a touching client story, celebrates our long service volunteers, and an update from the interim president.
Numbers reflect our fiscal year, September 1, 2021 to August 31, 2022.
Food Link Partners
“When I picked up my generous hamper last Tuesday, I was almost out of money with no job prospects. A message on my answering machine at home let me know I had a temp job starting the following Monday. It’s been a good week, thanks in part to plenty of food in the fridge and cupboard. Than you all for being a wonderful encouragement to me and making a big difference in my life.”
Food Bank Client