Online Request Process
How to request a food hamper using the self-request process
Request a hamper online
Booking a hamper is now easier than ever before! In four simple steps you can go online and book an appointment to pick up your hamper. You don’t need to phone and the pick-up process is quicker. You can even have a family member or friend pick up your hamper for you. They do not need to have your ID – simply show the QR code!
NOTE: If you want to pick up your food hamper at a satellite location, you need to request your hamper over the phone. Please call the Hamper Request Line at 403-253-2055. We recommend phoning mid-week between 5 – 7 pm.
- Fill out the form below. We will send you an email with a customized link and you can fill out the hamper request form at your own pace. Plan to email a day or two ahead of when you need the hamper.
- Complete the form using Google Chrome and submit it.
- Once your hamper is approved, follow the instructions to upload ID for each member of your household for verification.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your hamper pick-up day and time, including a one-time use QR Code. That’s all you have to bring when you come to pick-up your hamper!
What you need to know about the online referral process
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make special requests?
At the bottom, there is a ‘comments’ section. You can let us know about any dietary restrictions or special requests, such as pet food, here. Please know that these requests are not guaranteed, as they are based on donations and availability.
What if I don’t have the ID information for other people in my household?
If you do not enter the ID information and upload IDs for your other household members, they will not be included in your hamper request.
What income and expenses do you consider?
We consider all income sources over the last 30 days. Expenses include:
• Rent or mortgage payments, including house insurance and property taxes
• Utilities such as electricity, heating, and water
• Phone and internet bills
• All childcare or child support payments
• Out-of-pocket medical expenses like dental, eyecare, and prescription drugs
There is also a field for credit and lease payments. Here, you can enter in any monthly payments related to car insurance, car leasing, or financing, and any debt payments you have made.
How long does the online process take?
Once your form has been completed and submitted, please allow us up to an hour to approve your hamper request, and up to an hour to verify your IDs.
What if I need to change my appointment time?
There is a link inside your hamper confirmation email to change the pickup date/time.
What happens if the pick-up time I select is not available?
Please pay attention to the details in your hamper confirmation email. If your original time is not available, we will select the next available time slot. If this alternate time does not work for you, you will have the option to change the pickup date/time in your hamper confirmation email.
What is a QR Code?
The Calgary Food Bank QR Code is a quick response, one-time use label that is read by a machine and contains information about your hamper. This is what the QR Code will look like, but yours is unique to you. Simply print or present this on your cell phone and we will scan it at your hamper pick-up appointment