Online Request Process
Please Carefully Read The Steps Below
A family member or friend can pick up your hamper for you when you book online or over the phone. They do not need to have your ID – simply show the QR code!
NOTE: If you want to pick up your food hamper at a satellite location, you need to request your hamper over the phone. Please call the Hamper Request Line at 403-253-2055. We recommend phoning mid-week between 5 – 7 pm.
To Begin: Click on this link and enter your email address.
- You will receive an email with a blue link. Click on the link and fill out the Information. (Full Names, Genders, Birthdays, Unique Identification Numbers, Income/Expenses in the past 30 days for everyone in your household.)
- You will receive an email with another blue link. Click on the link and upload photos of your identification, (Driver’s License, Passports, Health Care Cards etc) for everyone in the household. Please be patient as this information must be verified by the Calgary Food Bank.
- You will receive an email with another blue link. Click on the link and pick an appointment date/time. Please be aware, days that are full will appear blank. Continue picking dates further and further out until times for appointments appear. Select a time when it appears.
- You will receive an email with a QR Code stating your appointment date/time and location (always at the Main Warehouse – 5000 11 street SE if completed online). Show this QR code at pickup.
In order to use the self-referral link, you will need to:
- Pick up your hamper at the main warehouse (5000 11 Street SE).
- Have access to the internet and a valid email address.
- Have the ability to take photos, or scan photos and upload them online for verification.
- Have the full name, date of birth, gender, and a unique ID for everyone on the hamper request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make special requests?
At the bottom, there is a ‘comments’ section. You can let us know about any dietary restrictions or special requests, such as pet food, here. Please know that these requests are not guaranteed, as they are based on donations and availability.
What if I don’t have the ID information for other people in my household?
If you do not enter the ID information and upload IDs for your other household members, they will not be included in your hamper request.
What income and expenses do you consider?
We consider all income sources over the last 30 days. Expenses include:
• Rent or mortgage payments, including house insurance and property taxes
• Utilities such as electricity, heating, and water
• Phone and internet bills
• All childcare or child support payments
• Out-of-pocket medical expenses like dental, eyecare, and prescription drugs
There is also a field for credit and lease payments. Here, you can enter in any monthly payments related to car insurance, car leasing, or financing, and any debt payments you have made.
How long does the online process take?
Once your form has been completed and submitted, please allow us up to an hour to approve your hamper request, and up to an hour to verify your IDs.
What if I need to change my appointment time?
There is a link inside your hamper confirmation email to change the pickup date/time.
What happens if the pick-up time I select is not available?
Please pay attention to the details in your hamper confirmation email. If your original time is not available, we will select the next available time slot. If this alternate time does not work for you, you will have the option to change the pickup date/time in your hamper confirmation email.
What is a QR Code?
The Calgary Food Bank QR Code is a quick response, one-time use label that is read by a machine and contains information about your hamper. This is what the QR Code will look like, but yours is unique to you. Simply print or present this on your cell phone and we will scan it at your hamper pick-up appointment