Fighting Hunger And Its Root Cause
Calgary Food Bank programming has improved through rigorous review and adaptation, allowing them to deliver more value to the people they serve. To access the Food Link Program, organizations must go through an application process. For more information please call 403-253-2059 or email.
The Food Link program is a Calgary Food Bank program that provides food and supplies to qualified organizations so they can focus their resources on important program delivery dealing with root causes of food insecurity. It was created in co-operation with food industry partners. Since the Calgary Food Bank has the community connections and the capacity to handle bulk food donations, it was a natural fit for everyone to come to one location. Please email if you’d like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Food is a great connector and many of these organizations connect with clients over meals and snacks with vulnerable populations. Organizations that utilize the Food Link Program supplement their food supply, and almost half are able to invest in expanding and improving programming because of the cost savings. Staff development, offering more programs, or expanding their scope are just some of the examples that are making a bigger impact on their clientele and therefore the community.
How to determine if your organization can access the Food Link Program:
- Must be registered as a charitable organization.
- Organizations that are not a registered charitable organization must provide evidence that they fall under exemptions as per the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Must serve a food insecure population.
- Is not already providing service duplication such as hampers or pantries.
- Does not operate as a food bank. Please refer to our Food Share Program for information about access for food banks.
- Must not charge fees for services.
- Programming works to address the root causes of your client’s food insecurity.
- Organization’s programming works to create client self-sufficiency.
- Accessing the Food Link Program will enhance the organization’s ability to provide effective programming.
Accessing Food Link
Food Link orders are accessed at our main location (5000 11 Street SE) from the Donation Centre which is at Door 7, located on the west side of our building. Access is by appointment only, Monday to Friday. Pease confirm pick-up location and time before you arrive.