EventsPut the Boots to Hunger
Together, we are putting our best boot forward and working to create a hunger-free community. Thank you Calgary for helping to raise $253,890 at Stampede 2019 to help stomp out hunger!
Please note: the Put the Boots to Hunger campaign, which normally takes place during the Calgary Stampede, has been cancelled due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic. Thank you for your understanding.
Put the boots to Hunger
Stomp out hunger this summer
The Put the Boots to Hunger™ campaign raises important food and funds for the Calgary Food Bank through the Stampede season, at a time when it is typically slower for donations. This campaign is comprised of two initiatives to help feed Calgarians in need, community events and the donation of the Burnet Duckworth & Palmer LLP’s (BD&P) chuckwagon tarp.
Over the last decade, thanks to the generous support of the Calgary Community, the campaign has raised more than $4.1 million dollars in food and funds to help feed families and individuals in crisis over the summer months.
Our Media Sponsor
Because of you
Thank You YYC
food and funds raised in 2019
our driver 2019
The 2017 season saw Dustin post 4 top ten runs, including two first place runs at the Battle of the Rockies and two other runs that cracked the top five on the night. A third generation chuckwagon competitor, Dustin is the grandson of former driver Art Gorst, son of driver Gary Gorst, brother to driver Logan Gorst, and cousin to former driver Layne Bremner. Dustin, his wife Jaycee and sons Klinch and Knox make their home in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan.
What you need to know
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Food Bank pay for the chuckwagon tarp?
No. The Calgary Food Bank does not purchase the Chuckwagon tarp. Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP (BD&P) generously donates the tarp to us to use as a fundraising initiative.
Companies can be a day sponsor for the Put the Boots to Hunger chuckwagon tarp with the funds going directly to the Calgary Food Bank. Sponsorship includes brand recognition and exclusive access to a corporate hosting night during the chuckwagon races at the GMC Rangeland Derby.
How does my event help the Food Bank?
There are many ways to help raise food and funds during the Put the Boots to Hunger campaign:
- You can have the Calgary Food Bank be a part of your personal or corporate Stampede event.
- Request to have Calgary Food Bank volunteers at your event to collect food and funds and issue tax receipts on behalf of the food bank.
- Request to have food donation boxes at your event.
- Collect cash donations for the Calgary Food Bank.
- Hold a 50/50 draw!
- Charge admission to your Stampede breakfast or BBQ and donate those funds to the Calgary Food Bank.
If you holding a Stampede event and are inviting the Food Bank to collect donations of food and funds, please complete our booking request form.
How does this campaign raise money?
There are two ways we generate food and funds from this event.
- Companies can be a day sponsor for the Put the Boots to Hunger chuckwagon tarp with the funds going directly to the Calgary Food Bank. Sponsorship includes brand recognition and exclusive access to a corporate hosting night during the chuckwagon races at the GMC Rangeland Derby.
- Organizations and individuals invite the Calgary Food Bank to be part of their stampede event to collect food and cash donations.
How can I get involved?
There are three ways to get involved:
- By hosting an event in conjunction with the Calgary Food Bank.
- Attend an event and bring a food or cash donation.
- Volunteer to collect food or cash donations at events.