Connect with usCareers
Come work with us! Our caring and dedicated staff are a significant part of what makes the Food Bank a great place to work. Be a part of an organization that fights hunger and its root causes, because no one should go hungry.
Agency Referrals and Client Intake Associate
The Calgary Food Bank is looking for an Associate to join our Research and Client Services team! This position supports the external referral process of partner agencies and responds to agencies’ support requests and assists the client intake process done by call center volunteers.
- Monitors and processes external referral system and responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Provides training regarding the referral system to partner agencies, in person or via phone.
- Manages support requests and resolves technical issues in a timely manner.
- Identifies key issues and provides problem solving solutions in software management and reporting.
- Accurately enters and tracks data.
- Oversees up to 15 volunteers ensuring quality requirements are followed.
- Ensures clear inter-departmental communication and problem solving.
Decision making and leadership capabilities
- Makes decisions daily based on the Calgary Food Bank’s criteria and hamper request processes.
- Strong crisis management, conflict resolution, problem solving and teamwork skills.
- Supports and always enacts the organization’s value of treating clients with respect and dignity.
Education and experience required
- An undergraduate degree and 3 years of non-profit and/or customer service experience dealing with a wide variety of people and/or the public. A relevant combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience with information management systems including customer relationship management tools.
- Technical documentation management, system maintenance, and proven experience in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Experience in team lead or trainer role would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of additional languages would be considered an asset.
Skills and capabilities
- Strong customer service and client-oriented skills.
- Communication skills, ability to interact with various stakeholders, customers and team members.
- Advanced computer knowledge, technical expertise and problem-solving talents.
- Working knowledge of information system design.
- Multi-tasking, flexible and responsive to the demands of the department.
- Knowledge of community resources would be an asset.
Please submit your application before January 24, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; suitable applicants will be contacted for further discussion and/or interview.
Education & Experience
An undergraduate degree and 3 years of non-profit and/or customer service experience dealing with a wide variety of people and/or the public.
Experience with information management systems including customer relationship management tools.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment, but may require occasional trips to the warehouse.
Must be comfortable in changing work environments, standing or sitting for long periods of time and be able to lift 25 lbs.
This is a temporary, full-time parental leave coverage position, ending May 2021. The position works rotating shifts: 8 am to 4 pm and 12 – 8 pm, Monday to Friday.
$45,000 – $47,500