Our caring and dedicated staff are a significant part of what makes the Food Bank a great place to work. Be a part of an organization that fights hunger and its root causes, because no one should go hungry.
The Calgary Food Bank is looking for a Program Coordinator to join our Research and Client Services team! This position is responsible for the growth of the Calgary Food Bank within the social services, non-profit sector including program planning, partner training, consulting services and partnership initiation and coordination. The Program Coordinator is responsible for new program development and quality control within an assigned field of expertise and program reporting.
- Seek out new program opportunities and create or modify programs and activities to meet the ever-changing needs of clients, partner agencies and the community in general.
Handle multiple responsibilities, solve complex problems, and provide leadership and direction to volunteers and staff ensuring consistency with the mission and vision of the Calgary Food Bank.
- As a key program representative, the Program Coordinator will utilize excellent judgment to develop credible and meaningful relationships with agencies and the community ensuring strictest confidentiality.
- Coordination of assigned Client Services programs and activities.
- Work collaboratively with Calgary Food Bank staff to maximize program opportunities and to ensure consistency with Calgary Food Bank policies, goals, mission, and vision.
- Analysis of financial information to develop program budgets, resolve budget issues and discrepancies, and adjust program planning as appropriate.
- Orientation, supervision and training of volunteers, community service workers and employees.
- Data collection, management, analysis, and evaluation to plan, modify or cancel department programs.
- Resolve customer complaints or inquiries which cannot be dealt with by front line staff.
- Establish professional and effective working relationships within the non-profit sector to conduct market research and needs assessments and develop contracts and agreements for programs.
- Prepare program descriptions, reports and write-ups and work collaboratively to design marketing materials.
Skills and capabilities
- Individual initiative, ability to work under little or no supervision and to work under intense pressure.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a very fluid and typically rapid-paced environment, usually juggling demands from multiple projects at the same time.
- Act as a consultant regarding donations and supporting efforts to develop long-term strategies.
- Technically proficient and accurate with advanced computer, numerical, and analytical skills.
- Effectively communicate in both written reports and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, organizational and planning skills.
Please submit your application before Friday, September 24.
We thank all applicants for their interest; suitable applicants will be contacted for further discussion and/or interview.
Education & Experience
Degree in relevant field such as, Administration, Finance, Management or equivalent.
Demonstrated experience in an entrepreneurial environment.
Proficient in a variety of computer applications including databases and the Microsoft 365 suite.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
Must be willing to work flexible hours as required.