By working together we can create a
vibrant community for everyone.
Agencies and the Food Bank
Food Link Program
The Food Link Program provides quality bulk food and supplies to qualified charitable organizations in Calgary and area. This program allows organizations to focus their time and resources on important program delivery instead of purchasing these items.
When your organization becomes an approved Food Link agency you can access the program as many times a week as you need. In addition to food, other items such as diapers, kitchen, and cleaning supplies may be available, although are not guaranteed.
Can my agency access Food Link?
- Your agency must be registered as a charitable organization.
- Agencies that are not a registered charitable organization must provide evidence that they fall under exemptions as per the CRA.
- Your agency serves a food insecure population.
- Your agency is not already providing service duplication such as hampers or pantries.
- Your agency does not operate as a food bank. Please refer to our Food Share Program for information about access for food banks.
- Your agency must not charge fees for services.
- Your agency’s programming works to address the root causes of your client’s food insecurity.
- Your agency’s programming works to create client self-sufficiency.
- Accessing the Food Link Program will enhance your agency’s ability to provide effective programming.
- Your agency has access to a commercial kitchen within its facility and cooks meals for clients.