our community programs and services
Food Link Program
The Food Link Program is a Calgary Food Bank program that provides food and supplies to qualified organizations so they can focus their resources on important program delivery dealing with root causes of food insecurity.
All organizations undergo a vigorous onboarding and vetting process before being onboarded to the Food Link Program.
Can my organization access the Food Link Program?
- Your organization must be registered as a charitable organization.
- Organizations that are not a registered charitable organization must provide evidence that they fall under exemptions as per the CRA.
- Your organization serves a food insecure population.
- Your organization is not already providing service duplication such as hampers or pantries.
- Your organization does not operate as a food bank. Please refer to our Food Share Program for information about access for food banks.
- Your organization must not charge fees for services.
- Your organization’s programming works to address the root causes of your client’s food insecurity.
- Your organization’s programming works to create client self-sufficiency.
- Accessing the Food Link Program will enhance your organization’s ability to provide effective programming.