Vision, Mission, And Values Statement
The Calgary Food Bank is an emergency food distribution hub, sharing food with individuals and families, and with other service providers working with low-income Calgarians.
Working together to create a hunger-free community.
Working with our community to gather and distribute healthy emergency food to those in need and contribute to public awareness of the conditions that led to food insecurity.
- All people are treated with compassion, dignity and understanding.
- Our clients deserve the most nutritious food we are able to provide.
- The best way to address food insecurity is in collaboration with others.
- Volunteerism is our strength and primary resource.
- We are accountable to our community for the programs and services we deliver.
- We are responsible and transparent stewards of the resources entrusted to us by our community.
- We encourage leadership at all levels.
- Safety in our operations is paramount.