Children's Milk Program
Generously supported by Amble with Angus and the RBC Foundation
- also known as our Moo Juice Program
- provides additional milk and baby formula to women and children in low-income households
- offered through our Home Delivery Program and Agency Program
- every year, tens of thousands of litres of milk and infant formula are delivered by our refrigerated Moo Juice Van to clients' homes
- milk is also distributed to agencies or programs working with low-income children, to share during their programming
To access our Moo Juice Home Delivery Program, households must have:
- children who are younger than 18 years who drink cow’s milk, or a pregnant or nursing mother in the family
- limited income
- food insecurity issues
- 'food insecurity' is “the limited, inadequate or insecure access to sufficient, nutritious, personally acceptable food, to meet the daily needs of an active and healthy life”.
Since the Food Bank took over the reins of the Children’s Milk Program in 2003, demand has grown by more than 50%. With the support of individuals and businesses we have met this increasing demand.