How To Become A Volunteer
Individual and Family Volunteers
The first step to getting started with us is to attend an orientation session and tour of our warehouse. All family members who would like to volunteer are required to attend an orientation session.
Why do we hold orientation sessions and tours?
- this is an opportunity to learn more about the different volunteer positions available at the Food Bank. You may be interested in being a volunteer in our warehouse, at special events, or in administration. The session is an opportunity for you to decide which of our volunteer positions is right for you.
- our volunteers are also our ambassadors in the community. At the orientation session you will learn more about the Food Bank including our mission and goals, the programs we run, and who our clients are.
- we run a 60,000 square foot warehouse - the orientation will give you the 'lay of the land' so you know where to go on your first day.
There are 3 different ways to sign up for an orientation session and tour:
- complete an online application
- phone Volunteer Resources at at 403.253.2059, extension #2
- send an email
We have three shifts during which we book groups to volunteer:
- 8:15 to 11:30 am, Monday to Friday
- 12:15 to 3:00 pm, Monday to Thursday
- 5:45 to 8:00 pm, Monday to Thursday
Group volunteer shifts are booked on a first come, first serve basis. We book group volunteer shifts up to a maximum of 60 days in advance of the current date.
There are 2 different ways to sign up your group to volunteer at the Food Bank:
- apply online
- contact our Group Volunteer Coordinator at 403.640.8811