Food Link History
Food Link was created in response to requests from food industry companies.
- they were interested in donating quality food to local agencies
- they wanted to avoid having their loading docks tied up by multiple vehicles representing multiple organizations
- they believed, and rightly so, that this was an inefficient and costly way to do business
The consolidation of food industry donations, moving up to ten pallets of donated food in a five-ton truck in a single trip, was an ideal solution for the food industry. We heard that they appreciated:
- the single point of contact
- wider geographic distribution of donated food
- reduced costs
- decreased impact on landfill
- improved employee morale.
Food Link’s support allows participating agencies to focus their resources on client programming rather than resourcing food.