Food Industry Donations
Are you a food industry donor? We’d love to speak with you!
Cindy Drummond and Trudi Webster
We accept a wide range of goods from perishable to non-perishable, from canned and packaged items to fresh produce, dairy and meat.
How to Donate:
- deliver food donations directly to Door #3 at our warehouse. Go up the stairs and ring the doorbell.
- if you are delivering a large scale donation of food to us, please give us a call before you head over so we can be sure we’re ready for you.
- request a pick-up. We would appreciate 24 to 48 hours notice if at all possible.
- call dispatch at 403.319.0825.
- labour and waste disposal cost savings
- brand protection
- reduction of environmental footprint
- tax benefits
The Calgary Food Bank has the experience and infrastructure to effectively redirect products:
- our warehouse is 60,000 square feet
- we have a 20,000 cubic foot freezer/fridge combo unit and off-site freezers
- pick up of products is reliable and consistent
- we operate seven 5-ton and two 3-ton trucks Monday through Friday
- our fleet includes refrigeration trucks
- we are semi-trailer access friendly
- we are Calgary’s charitable food distribution hub
- through our J.P. Morgan Food Link program approximately 100 charities receive food to serve their clients
- we direct food to 62 other food banks in south and central Alberta, Whitehorse and Yellowknife. These are often communities in which the food industry does business, therefore allowing them to give back to those people who support them.
- we are a registered charitable organization
- we can provide tax receipts on the value of the donation
- 100+ volunteers per day sort food into our guaranteed categories and review all donations for ‘best before’ and ‘expiry’ dates