This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and developing communications collateral, social media and website content in association with key coordinators within the Communications and Development department (C&D). This position also develops and maintains key relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders to support the organizational goals related to Food Industry, Reverse Logistics, Media Relations and Communications.
- Work in association with the Communications & Media Relations Supervisor, Manager C&D, and other Communications & Development Coordinators to create content in alignment with department objectives.
- Work with the Development Coordinator- Food Industry to achieve organizational goals and facilitate Food Industry relationships.
- Undertake and/or create Food Industry programs that will advance the Reverse Logistics (food rescue) strategy.
- Become the key C&D contact for the Logistics and Inventory Department.
- Develop and/or support the production of video, graphic design. Photography and audio elements for in digital, online, web and social media, communications and marketing.
- Liaise with other departments and management regarding internal communications and brand image/voice.
- Accountability of external and internal website function and content.
- Assist with planning and creating for C&D and other departments collateral needs.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with volunteers, donors, media, society members, general public, and other organizations.
- Present information to the public and media about the Food Bank.
- Work individually and collaboratively to meet personal and developmental goals and timelines.
- Participate in, and/or drive events and activities with companies and donors that support food and fundraising
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Design and develop of communications materials, such as:
- Receive donations
- Schedule dispatches
- Answer and manage calls from members of the public
- Lead and/or participate in presentations and tours
- Assist with event implementation
- Develop Raisin fundraising pages
- Maintain internal communications (Sharepoint, communications advisory committees)
- Ensure consistency in all communications (e-newsletters)
- Schedule, post, reply, monitor and evaluate all social media platforms
- Facilitate photography & videography
- Research, interview, story development, writing, editing
- Develop and implement written, graphic and/or video content for all media platforms
- Assist with planning and developing social media messaging, content and scheduling
- Maintain and enhance website, create strategic content, analyze usage and implement recommendations
- Fast facts
- Program brochures and/or flyers
- Event posters
- Annual report
- Christmas campaign needs
- Misc signage
- Opportunity to research and write blog articles
- Respond to requests for collateral support from the President and CEO as required
- Intranet Content Controller responsible for:
- Keep portal up-to-date
- Department-specific content editing, publishing, document upload, and maintenance
- Will submit recommendations and findings to Steering Committee to help influence change
- Ensure ease of navigation and function of all technical applications related to the website
- Website and social media analytics and reporting
- Volunteer supervision, coordinator and leadership
- Other duties as required
- Degree or diploma in marketing, digital communications, public relations or related field.
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in marketing, digital communications, multimedia, public relations or related field.
- Strong digital marketing skills and abilities.
- Superb written and communication skills.
- Experience with photography and videography
- Proficiency with WordPress, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3
- Experience with planning, developing and creating digital videos.
- Experience with managing social media platforms and websites. Working knowledge of Google Analytics is an asset.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, effectiveness and organizational skills.
- Close attention to detail is a must.
- Demonstrated professionalism and tact in handling highly sensitive and confidential information in an ethical manner.
- Ability to multitask while working on multiple priorities.
- Highly collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of the not-for-profit and charitable sector an asset.
- Candidates are required to pass a criminal record check.
Decision Making & Leadership Capabilities:
- Ability to prioritize own schedule in order to meet position and department objectives
- Initiate, manage and cultivate, or terminate relationships with food industry partners to advance the mission of the Food Bank.
- Able to work independently and provide timely reporting on progress
- Willingness to work as part of a diverse team and support the goals
- Responsibility, integrity and ethical behaviour, personally and professionally
Skills and Capabilities:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service
- Resourceful and creative
- Capable decision making
- Solid writing skills
- Website and design literacy
- Understanding of and data entry in custom Access-based databases
- Social media proficiency
- Strong communication abilities with a wide variety of audiences and settings (one to one and public speaking)
- Effective research abilities (internet, library, print materials)
- Understanding of not-for-profit organizations and the charitable sector
- Volunteer management and supervision
- Proven ability to achieve objectives, work under pressure and within deadlines both independently as part of a team
- Results and team oriented
- Time management
- Multitasking and prioritizing abilities
- Adhere to a donor-centric and client-centric work attitude
- Strong inter-personal communications
- Passion for teamwork
- Sales and/or development experience (prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, inside sales and cold calls.
- Capable and comfortable with managing, organizing and developing relationships with senior management
- Able to secure donations of food and funds
- Research skills
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 5 day a week, 7.5 hours per day position. Hours worked beyond the regular work week will be earned and taken as lieu time.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements if any:
Working conditions are normal for an office environment and may require occasional visits to the warehouse. Candidate must be able to be on feet for extended periods of time, lift and carry items and do some walking in preparation for events. The qualified candidate must be open to working outside of normal business hours and weekends.
Applicants are asked to submit their resume and one sample of their work to email@example.com by Sunday, February 26 at 9 pm. Please note, only qualified applications chosen for interviews will be contacted.
People & Organization Services