Job Opportunity Available
The Calgary Food Bank has a position to be filled on our Logistics & Inventory team. If you are a passionate volunteer yourself and want to work for a great organization in a rewarding sector, this might be the right job for you! The Calgary Food Bank is a charitable organization dedicated to the gathering and distribution of quality emergency food to those in need.
Reporting to the Dock and/or Production Supervisors, this position is responsible for supporting and maintaining our warehouse through receiving, shipping and handling of goods.
- Support and maintain the operations of the warehouse through receiving, shipping and handling of goods.
- Supervision and training of Fine Options and multi duty volunteers on the dock, inventory and distribution as prioritized by the Supervisor or Manager. Ensure all volunteers adhere to Health and Safety policies.
- Health and safety orientations as required that are specialized to the hazards and equipment in the area the volunteers will be working.
- Supervision of distribution as required
- Support Client Services as required
- Liaise with Volunteer Resources with regards to volunteers on the multi task shift
- Ensuring that proper Health and Safety procedures are followed.
- Sanitation of dock and warehouse
- Ensure safe food handling procedures are followed.
- Other duties as required by Supervisor or Manager
- Preparation of perishable hamper content as prioritized
- Assist in building loads for shipping
- Ensuring that donations are directed to the correct department
- Loading and unloading vehicles and directing drivers, as required
- Proper recording of all incoming donations, as required
- Receiving and verification of purchased product
- Backing up person responsible for Community Service workers
- Proper tracking of pallet movement
- Assisting with product rotation
- Directing Community Service workers and volunteers.
- Monitoring incoming product and identifying possible substitutions for guaranteed content.
- Waste disposal, composting and cardboard compacting
- Ensuring that all donation boxes leaving the Food Bank are in good condition for food drives.
- Clearing dock of crates, trays, boxes etc.
- Other tasks as the Food Bank requires.
Decision Making & Leadership Capabilities:
Must be able to make appropriate decisions in a fast-paced environment, work with little supervision, be a team leader and have the flexibility required to carry out the tasks required.
Provides leadership, training and supervision to Volunteers and Fine Options, providing support and encouragement.
Education and Experience Required:
- Power equipment experience required
- Previous warehouse experience is required
- Experience working with a wide variety of people
- Experience with inventory and WMS systems
Skills and Capabilities:
- Strong inter-personal skills, able to communicate clearly
- Ability to prioritize tasks and good organizational skills.
- Must enjoy working with a wide variety of people
- Computer skills are an asset
- Flexibility in working shifts is an asset
- Good communication skills
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, 37.5 hour per week, 5 days a week, 7.5 hours a day position. Hours worked beyond the regular work week will be earned and taken as lieu time.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements if any:
Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment. Candidate must be able to be on feet for extended periods of time, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
Interested applicants can e-mail their application to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 1, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest; suitable applicants will be contacted for further discussions and/or an interview.
People & Organization Services