The Calgary Food Bank has a position to be filled on our Logistics & Inventory team. If you are a passionate volunteer yourself and want to work for a great organization in a rewarding sector, this might be the right job for you! The Calgary Food Bank is a charitable organization dedicated to the gathering and distribution of quality emergency food to those in need.
Reporting to Dispatch, this position is responsible for representing the Food Bank in the community by picking up donations and supporting our special events.
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with suppliers and donors of all kinds.
- Representing the Food Bank in public and maintaining the public image of efficiency, courtesy and professionalism at all times when on duty.
- Evaluating donations for quality before accepting them
- Maintenance and cleanliness of vehicle
- Ensuring that all scheduled pickups and deliveries are completed in a timely manner.
- Driving safely and courteously at all times.
- Accountability for the confidentially of all Food Bank business and client data/information that may be acquired through work at the CIFB.
- Notifying the Transportation Supervisor if any unavoidable circumstances prevent the completion of pickups and deliveries on time as scheduled.
- Driver’s Daily Checklist to be filled out before leaving warehouse before each shift.
- Proper recording of donations, ensuring paperwork is properly filled out before shift end.
- Proper, safe loading and unloading of the truck
- Responsible for weighing and sorting of product upon return to the warehouse
- Performing minor preventative maintenance on trucks.(i.e. change headlights, greasing, torqueing tires, check oil)
- Ensuring that the truck is cleaned inside and out, fuelled and properly prepared for the next shift.
- Working in the warehouse as required by the Logistics & Inventory Manager
- Performing other tasks as required by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Carrying out planned overtime on such occasions as are needed
Decision Making & Leadership Capabilities:
- Must be able to make appropriate decisions in a fast paced environment, maintain work schedules with little supervision and have flexibility required to perform the job functions in accordance with the Food Bank policies and procedures at all times.
- Provides positive support and leadership to all volunteers. Providing information and positive support to volunteer and casual drivers.
Education and Experience Required:
- Previous experience driving a 5-ton
- Forklift experience and previous food handling course an asset.
- Mechanical inclination an asset.
- Clean driver’s abstract
- Air Brake endorsement is an asset.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Good knowledge of the city
- Must have excellent inter-personal skills
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Well established organizational skills
- Must be able to pass an AMA drivers evaluation
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, 37.5 hour per week, 5 days a week, 7.5 hours a day position. Hours worked beyond the regular work week will be earned and taken as lieu time.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements if any:
Working conditions are normal for a warehouse and driving environment. Requires the ability to lift up to 70lbs repetitively and a high energy level. Occasional overtime may be required, but whenever possible advance notice will be given. You may be required to work evenings and weekends.
Interested applicants can e-mail their application to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 16, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest; suitable applicants will be contacted for further discussions and/or an interview.