We are currently looking for someone to work at the Broxburn Vegetable Market at the Crossroads Farmers Market on Sundays. This person would be responsible for representing the Calgary Food Bank, and would set up the market, train volunteers and would engage the public to purchase produce. Funds and left over produce are donated to the Calgary Food Bank. The hours of this position are Sundays, 8:30am-5:00pm. The candidate must be comfortable standing or sitting for long periods of time and be able to lift up to 50lbs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Oversee shift, including opening and closing the stall
- Retail set up of product
- Represent the Food Bank in a professional manner
- Train and supervise volunteers
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Train volunteers to work effectively and cooperatively.
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory and procedures
- Product knowledge
- Sale of produce to customers
- Attend to customers with a strong approach to customer service
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong math skills, familiarity of working with money
- Knowledge of working a cash register is an asset.
- Proven verbal communication skills and interpersonal savvy
- Problem solving and ability to multi task.
- The ability to work with a variety of people
- Self motivated, ability to work on own for up to the whole shift
- Produce knowledge is considered an asset
This position reports to the Development Coordinator- Food Industry. The hours of the position are 8:30am- 5 pm on Sundays. Must be comfortable standing or sitting for long periods of time and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Interested applicants can e-mail their application to email@example.com before March 29, 2017. Interview preference will be given to current volunteers. We thank all applicants for their interest, suitable applicants will be contacted for further discussion and/or and interview.
We have a permanent part-time (Monday to Thursday 2:00pm to 7:30pm) position in our People and Organizational Services department for a Volunteer Resources Associate.
- To support volunteerism through active administration of procedures, processes and resources defined in the Volunteer Involvement Model and VR procedures.
- Responsible for the recruitment, orientation, retention and evaluation of volunteers reflecting a priority need to function across departmental boundaries.
- Liaise with supervisors and managers regularly in support of effective volunteer placement and management.
- Centralized scheduling functions for all aspects of volunteerism.
- To ensure all volunteers are aware of and compliant with the Calgary Food Bank’s Health and Safety program
- Recruit and manage volunteers for the P&OS Team
- Support volunteer position satisfaction
Respond to enquiries (phone, in person, or email) regarding volunteering
- Schedule all warehouse and special event volunteers (individuals and groups)
- Daily liaison with departments with regard to volunteer attendance
- Informing volunteers of closures, schedule changes, media presence, events etc.
- Welcoming new volunteers and assisting them with first time login, paperwork and Health and Safety information
- Engaging with volunteers to promote a friendly and professional environment
- Orientate prospective volunteers
- Plan and implement volunteer recognition functions.
- Administer and coordinate Community Alternative Measures and Justice related restitution programming
- Maintain the VSys database.
- Data entry of volunteer information.
Decision Making & Leadership Capabilities:
- With reference to the direction and mandate of Volunteer Resources create a work schedule that makes the best use of time and resources.
- Make decisions related to recognition events and participation
- To decide how best to meet defined objectives and targets with reference to departmental and organizational resources.
- Screen and decide on suitable Community Service candidates.
- As a key volunteer contact, support, liaise and lead volunteers as required. This is a key element of this position.
- Balance the needs of the volunteers with those of the organization
- Ability to work with little supervision
Education and Experience Required:
- Some post-secondary education in volunteer management, administration, customer relations or adult education.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience.
- Experience with Vsys or other volunteer management system would be an asset.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Possess a high level of inter personal skills, ability to communicate and network with the full range of internal people and the public.
- Presentation skills to enhance the reputation and public image of the Food Bank.
- Experience and ability to create ‘networks’ to support the position and to work within a team.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to problem solve minor software issues.
- Very detailed orientated with an understanding of the importance of accuracy
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment; ability to multi-task is a must
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements if any:
Working conditions are normal for an office environment and will require occasional visits to the warehouse.
Interested applicants can e-mail their application to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 19, 2017. Interview preference will be given to current volunteers. We thank all applicants for their interest, suitable applicants will be contacted for further discussion and/or and interview.
People & Organization Services