- Evaluating existing channels with a view to maximizing efficiency.
- Determining optimum inventory control strategies.
- Skill building through logistics management.
- Ensuring safe food handling procedures are followed.
- Participation in safety training and certification as required, including WHMIS, forklift operation and procedural guidelines.
- Supervise volunteers and community service workers.
- Pallet movement within the warehouse using power equipment.
- Record and track inventory within the warehouse.
- Assist in the creation of food hampers.
- Assist in receiving and recording donations.
- Any other duties as required.
You possess a professional manner and excellent communication skills to interact with all levels within the organization. Strong organizational skills, the ability to work independently, solid computer skills, and the initiative to succeed in a busy and productive environment are required. You must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs. Power equipment experience is considered an asset.
Please note: this is a Summer Temporary Employment Program paid position. To be eligible for this position you must:
- Be at least 15 years of age.
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or protected persons under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Act and legally entitled to work in Canada.
- An Alberta resident with an Alberta address and living and/or attending school in the province.
- Have been registered as a full time student in the previous academic year and intent to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
Anticipated hours of work: Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours a week from May 7, 2018-August 24, 2108.
Interested applicants can e-mail their application to email@example.com before April 18, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest, suitable applicants will be contacted for further discussion and/or interview.