2012 was another great year at the Food Bank!
We won an award for being a great place to work …
- recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada
- we wanted an independent evaluation of our workplace, so.....
We participated in an external review of our organization by the Great Place to Work Institute:
- it provides a validated external Canada-wide benchmark across all sectors (private, public, non-profit) and compiles a list
- the completion process is based on two criteria
- two-thirds of the total score comes from a 58-statement survey completed by a random selection of employees, along with their open-ended comments about their organization
- the remaining one-third of the score comes from an in-depth review of the organization’s culture, including an evaluation of HR policies and procedures
- these scores offer a rigorous representation of the organization from an employee perspective, and an overall portrait of the workplace culture
- together, they provide crucial data relative to the five trust-building dimensions of a great place to work®: credibility, respect, fairness, pride, and camaraderie