Thank you YYC! Your support for our neighbours to the North has been amazing!
We are proud to be working with generous donors and the network of food banks in Alberta to meet the needs of those forced from their homes. We also know that this is far from over as families return home to rebuild and so we are continuing to collect and store designated donations for #ymm.
We are so happy to hear that the Wood Buffalo Food Bank is back in their building!
Wood Buffalo Food Bank staff and volunteers are very busy getting organized and preparing for their re-opening date (TBA), and to assist with the phased re-entry to Fort MacMurray.
Up to date information from the Wood Buffalo Food Bank can be found on their website at http://www.woodbuffalofoodbank.com/
The Government of Alberta has a great web page with lots of information for displaced individuals and families here http://www.alberta.ca/emergency.cfm
Here are the different ways you can donate funds:
- Go through the Wood Buffalo Food Bank at http://woodbuffalofoodbank.com.s178952.gridserver.com/donations/.
- You can go through our website at https://calgaryfoodbank.akaraisin.com/Donation/Event/DonationInfo.aspx?seid=2121&mid=48 Select the drop down choice designated to Fort McMurray
- https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/calgary-inter-faith-food-bank/ and select Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief as the designation
- Call in your donation at 403-252-2059
To date, this is the list of the most needed items:
- Canned protein
- Canned vegetables
- Hearty soup (pop top cans if possible)
- Pasta and sauce
- Granola bars/healthy snacks
Basic hygiene products
- Hand soap/Body wash
- Feminine hygiene products
- Diapers (size 3, 4, 5, 6)
Donations can be dropped of at Door #3 in the loading dock from 7 a.m. to 7p.m Monday through Thursday (7a.m. to 3p.m. Fridays)